If you have been in a trucking accident in Coral Gables, call Maderal Byrne & Furst PLLC today. Our truck accident lawyers have experience helping victims get compensation after a devastating accident.
A semi-truck can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. There are thousands of them on the roads at any time. For Coral Gables residents and visitors, these heavy vehicles pose a serious risk. Truckers and trucking companies have a duty to operate safely.
If you are hurt in an accident, and someone else is at fault, you may qualify to receive compensation. Our lawyers can assist you in the claims process. With offices in Coral Gables, we represent clients throughout Florida. Contact us today to talk about your case.
Experienced Legal Representation for Victims and Families
Why choose our experienced truck accident lawyers?
- We are leaders in litigation. Our team has provided leadership in multi-million dollar claims of national significance.
- It puts you on an even playing field with the large corporations and trucking companies with their teams of lawyers.
- Our experience includes dozens of jury trials and arguments before appeals courts. Expect us to pursue your case in full. We don’t back down.
- We represent residents and visitors to our community.
- Injury and wrongful death cases are handled with compassion and care.
- The lawyers at Maderal Byrne & Furst are former federal prosecutors. This experience means we’ve handled many challenging cases. We represent clients with a variety of situations and questions, always pursuing their interests.
Meet our legal team and see how a Coral Gables truck accident lawyer can help you.
Compensation for a Truck Accident
Do I qualify for compensation for a truck accident?
Trucking companies have a high duty to ensure that they are operating safely. You may qualify for truck accident compensation if someone else is at fault for an accident. The most common standard for fault is negligence or a lack of reasonable care. That means a traffic violation or other behavior that isn’t sufficiently careful and cautious.
Examples of legal liability for a truck accident
Here are some examples of legal liability for a truck accident:
- Driving too fast for conditions, speeding
- Improper lane changes, cutting off other drivers
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Operating for too many hours without a break or sleep
- Failing to properly train or monitor drivers
- Leaving too little room for other vehicles
- Not securing the load being transported properly
- Negligent hiring so that unqualified drivers are on the roads
Our law firm uses accident reconstruction experts to investigate and identify the underlying causes of a crash. With this evidence, we can show what happened and prove your right to compensation. The trucking company isn’t going to volunteer negative information, but we use legal procedure to access records and conduct depositions of witnesses.
How do you get fair compensation for a truck accident?
In a truck accident, injuries to victims are often severe. Because of the weight and speed involved in most trucking crashes, victims often sustain serious injuries. Your injuries may include:
- Broken bones
- Concussion, traumatic brain injury
- Organ damage
- Paralysis, spinal cord damage, mobility problems
- Wrongful death
- Mental health and emotional suffering
Getting fair compensation for a trucking accident means addressing several factors:
- Proving what party has legal fault for the accident
- Showing that the accident resulted in injury
- Identifying the extent of the damages and the amount of compensation that you deserve
When you think of fair compensation for a truck accident, consider the many ways that being in a truck accident can impact your life. You may deserve compensation for all the ways you are affected.
Compensation available for truck accident victims
Types of compensation that you may receive for a trucking accident claim are:
- Medical bills, including present and future
- Lost income, benefits, and future career
- Property damage, including motor vehicle damage
- Cost of replacement household services if you are no longer about to perform daily tasks
- Mental health treatment and suffering, PTSD, anxiety, and flashbacks
- Physical therapy, prescription medication
- Emotional anguish and suffering
- Physical pain
- Changes in lifestyle
Protecting your rights under the law means understanding what the appropriate compensation is in your case. Based on our experience, we evaluate your case and document damages. Then, we negotiate your settlement or present your case at trial.
Serving Coral Gables, FL, Residents, and Visitors
How can a truck accident lawyer help?
A truck accident lawyer is a trained professional to help you approach your legal claim in a way that serves your interests. To receive compensation, you must bring a legal claim. You must prove your case, and the strength of your case impacts the amount of compensation that you receive.
Our lawyers can help you with any of these tasks:
- Preserving evidence and gathering records while you recover from your injuries
- Identifying insurance companies and reporting the accident to them
- Determining what defendants to name and the legal grounds for compensation
- Knowing what your case is worth
- Using legal procedure to gather records and build the case
- Knowing what to expect from the defense and responding to their attempts to deny responsibility
- Addressing any legal issues like jurisdiction and legal paperwork
- Negotiating a settlement offer and advising you if you should accept an offer
- Conducting a trial and speaking on your behalf in court
- Explaining the legal system and advising you throughout the process
Our goal is to help you maximize your results while managing the legal process for you.
Types of trucks involved in accidents
Types of trucks involved in crashes may include:
- Semi-trucks, semi-trailers
- Delivery trucks
- Moving vans
- Chassis cab
- Fire truck
- Dump truck
- Garbage and sanitation vehicles
- Pickup trucks
- Tow truck
- Other industrial trucks
- Light-duty, medium-duty, and heavy-duty vehicles
Free Consultation – Start Your Case Today
The Maderal Byrne & Furst team offers free consultations for truck accident victims and their families. Learn about your case and how our law firm can help you. We can start your case today. Our fee agreements are affordable and always in writing.
We know it may be your first time contacting a lawyer. Contact us by phone, email, message, or come to our offices to meet our team. We look forward to helping you.