Have you been injured in a car accident in Coral Gables? You may be entitled to financial compensation. Contact our Coral Gables car accident lawyers at Maderal Byrne & Furst PLLC for a free case review.
If you’re seriously hurt in a car accident, you may receive financial compensation. Our Coral Gables auto accident attorneys can represent you. Contact us today for a case review and begin your case.
Attorneys for Car Accidents in Coral Gables
We are lawyers representing individuals and families in car accident cases. We serve Coral Gables and the surrounding region. The Maderal Byrne & Furst legal team is made comprised of former federal prosecutors who believe you deserve quality legal representation when facing insurance companies and large corporations.
Our team learns about your situation, and we know what questions to ask to evaluate your legal options. If you have been injured in a car accident, you may have a legal claim. Our lawyers want to protect your rights when you have been wronged.
Why hire Maderal Byrne & Furst for your car accident claim?
Highlights of our personal injury law firm include:
- We are national leaders in complex litigation, capable of handling complex claims with unique issues.
- The dozens of jury trials we have conducted means we are experienced in legal procedure and effective case presentation.
- We’ve made arguments before federal appeals courts – we advocate for you inside and outside the courtroom.
- Complete representation, including speaking to the insurance companies and negotiating your settlement. You won’t have to talk to the insurance company again.
- We prepare you for each step of the case.
- Fee agreements are simple, straightforward, and always in writing.
We’ve been honored by The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 and Top 40 Under 40, and we have won other awards. We pride ourselves on leadership in litigation. Our team has been leaders in billion-dollar, nationwide litigation with many plaintiffs. While we have achieved groundbreaking results, we are focused on helping each person and family we serve.
Representing Residents and Visitors to Coral Gables
If you are a year-round or seasonal resident of Coral Gables, or if you are hurt while visiting the area, you are an important member of our community. Our team helps clients who have a variety of personal situations. We customize our representation to meet your goals and communicate in the ways that are most convenient for you.
What Causes Car Accidents?
Coral Gables is home to 48,000 people. U.S. Route 1 runs through the city and has many other busy roads and intersections. It’s no secret that the roads are congested, even dangerous.
Common causes of car accidents in Coral Gables, FL, include:
- Drunk driving, driving under the influence of drugs
- Improper turns and improper passing
- Failing to follow a stop sign or traffic light
- Texting while driving
- Operating while tired or fatigued
- Road rage and aggressive driving
- Not leaving enough following distance for the vehicle in front
- Commercial drivers with an unsecured load
- Road conditions and deterioration of roads
- Animals running in the roadway
Determining the cause of the accident is key to understanding who has responsibility for car accident injuries. Our lawyers investigate to determine fault.
Who Is Responsible for My Car Accident Injuries?
While Florida uses a no-fault system for minor car accident injuries, the no-fault system doesn’t apply when injuries are severe. Injuries that are an exception are the following:
- Significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function
- Permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical probability
- Scarring or disfigurement that is significant and permanent
If the injury meets one of the exceptions, the victim can sue the party responsible for causing the accident. Being responsible for causing an accident means acting negligently or with a lack of reasonable care. A traffic violation is sufficient to make a party responsible for an accident.
We work to identify parties with legal liability
Vehicle drivers are responsible for their actions. In addition, an employer or another third party may also be liable for an accident.
We will investigate all parties who may be responsible, including:
- Vehicle driver
- Commercial drivers
- Taxi drivers
- Pedestrians and bicyclists
- Employers of negligent parties
- Manufacturers of vehicles
- Government entity
- Bar or restaurant
- Mechanics, auto repair services
Our team will investigate insurance policies that may apply and other ways for you to collect compensation.
Can you sue for a car accident in Coral Gables?
It may be possible to sue for a car accident in Coral Gables if your injuries are serious and someone else is at fault for the accident.
We invite you to consult our legal team to determine your rights and options.
How Much Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
How much a car accident case is worth depends on the individual circumstances of the accident. Questions that may be important to determining the value of the case are:
- Do you have injuries that are serious, permanent, or disfiguring?
- What insurance policies are available to pay a claim? What are their limits?
- Who has legal fault based on negligence rules?
- Did a vehicle malfunction or design problem contribute to the accident?
- Are there multiple parties who may be at fault for the accident?
- What are your medical bills? Do you expect to have future medical bills?
- How extensive is your non-economic suffering, including physical pain, emotional anguish, and lifestyle changes?
- Will your injuries keep you out of work?
- Is the evidence in the case straightforward? Are there other legal questions that might impact the case?
At a consultation, we can explore these factors. It’s impossible to guarantee results, but we can give you honest advice based on our experience.
Compensation for a Car Wreck
Determining fair compensation for a wrecked car begins with understanding the value of the car before the accident. If the damage is minor, the insurance company may just pay for the repairs. If damage is severe, it may trigger the total loss threshold.
What is the total loss threshold for a wrecked car?
The Florida total loss threshold for compensation for a wrecked car is 80%. If the cost of repairs exceeds 80% of the vehicle’s value, Florida’s total loss threshold laws are triggered. Generally, the insurance company will pay the owner to replace the vehicle with one of like kind and quality, less any deductible.
There are multiple Florida laws that apply to car wrecks in Coral Gables and associated repair costs. Florida Statutes § 319.30(3) defines a total loss as one where the damages and cost of repair is 80% or more than the cost of replacing the wrecked car with one of like kind and quality. It is also when the insurance company pays the owner to replace the vehicle with a comparable one.
The value of the vehicle at the time of the crash may be a key question in determining fair compensation. Florida Statutes § 626.9743 and § 319.30 create insurance company standards for processing and compensating total loss claims. These rules are quite extensive.
A Coral Gables, car accident attorney can assist you in addressing property damage, vehicle repair, and a possible total loss situation as part of your overall representation.
Coral Gables Car Accident Lawyer Fees
When we meet with car accident victims, they want to know what it is going to cost to hire a lawyer. And rightfully so – lawyer fees are an important question for anyone needing legal help after a car accident. At Maderal Byrne & Furst, we believe that you shouldn’t have to worry about paying legal fees upfront – and we believe that we should be paid only when we succeed.
That’s why we use contingency fee agreements when we represent victims in car accident claims.
What is a contingency fee?
A contingency fee in a car accident claim is payment for legal services that are contingent on the compensation the victim receives for their claim. The attorney receives a percentage of the victim’s compensation as their fee. The more the victim receives in compensation, the more the attorney receives, too, because their compensation is a percentage of the total. Litigation expenses are typically also recouped.
By using a contingency fee agreement, you and your lawyer have the same goal – to resolve your case for the maximum dollar amount and resolve it efficiently. Your lawyer is taking a risk, too, by putting their time and energy into your case, knowing that they will only get paid if they secure a recovery.
Ask about our contingency fees and how we can represent you with no cost for services unless you receive compensation.
Car Accident Lawyers Offering Free Consultations
To learn more about your case, and start your claim today, contact our injury lawyers in Coral Gables for a free consultation. There’s never a cost or obligation to discuss your car accident claim.
Is it best to get a car accident lawyer?
If you have moderate or severe injuries, it’s likely best to get a car accident lawyer. It means having an objective, skilled professional who can look at the entire situation. They know how to determine the value of your case, what steps to take, and what mistakes to avoid. When you have a car accident lawyer, the other side knows you have a professional team protecting your rights.
How long do you have to sue after a car accident in Florida?
While the general time limit to sue after a car accident in Florida is four years, it’s only two years if a death occurs, and there are also shorter deadlines if the defendant is a government entity. Don’t wait to contact us so that we can begin preparing your case.
When should you get a lawyer for a car accident in Florida?
The best time to get a lawyer for a car accident in Florida is as soon as possible after receiving emergency medical care. Our team can take over interactions with the insurance company and preserve the evidence. The things you do shortly after the accident can impact your case results. However, even if some time has passed, rest assured that we can get to work immediately on your case.
How to Win a Car Accident Case
Our clients in Coral Gables often ask us what they can do to win a car accident case. The answer is plenty. Here are some things that you can do to help your case:
- Seek medical attention: Getting medical care as soon as possible documents what injuries you have and proves that they are the result of the accident.
- Take your recovery seriously: You don’t want the other side to say that you’re not doing all you can to heal from your injuries. Follow your doctor’s orders and limitations. Don’t do things that are outside your restrictions as you recover.
- Document the accident: If you are able, take photos of the accident scene. Take photos from all angles. Remember, your medical care and safety comes first, but document the crash with pictures if you can.
- Keep records after the accident: As medical bills arrive, your paychecks stop if you can’t work, and other expenses pile up, keep records. Records of services, bills, and documents that evidence how your life has changed can help your car accident attorney build your case.
- Contact our Coral Gables car accident attorneys right away: Don’t give the insurance company a statement or sign a release. Talk to our legal team first. When we represent you, we take over filing claims and speaking to the insurance company, using our experience and training to strategically pursue your case.
For personalized guidance, we invite you to talk to our Coral Gables car accident attorneys.
Experienced Legal Representation and Personalized Service
Reach out by phone, email, message, or in-person now.