If you need a Coral Gables product liability lawyer, we invite you to contact Maderal Byrne & Furst PLLC. Work with a team of former federal prosecutors with more than 30 years of combined experience. Contact us today for your free consultation.
Serving Victims in Coral Gables
Each day, we use thousands of products. We don’t expect these products to cause serious injury.
When you are unexpectedly hurt by a dangerous or defective product, you may receive financial compensation. Our team of lawyers wants to recover the compensation you deserve and handle the legal burden for you.
We represent victims and families in Coral Gables and the surrounding areas. See how we can assist you and start your case today. Reach out to us at any time.
Types of Product Liability Cases We Handle
Our lawyers handle a wide variety of product liability cases, including:
- Motor vehicles
- Household consumables and kitchenware
- Beauty products and devices
- Medical devices, dangerous drugs, and pharmaceuticals
- Industrial equipment and items used in the workplace
- Sports equipment and recreational goods
- Toxic chemicals
- Tools and equipment
Whatever product caused your injury, the parties involved in making it may be accountable for damages. Contact us now to talk about your case.
Understanding Product Liability Claims
What is a product liability legal claim?
A product liability legal claim is a civil action based on a defective product. Someone who is hurt by a faulty product sues for financial compensation.
Do I have a case for product liability?
If you are injured because of a dangerous product, you may have a claim for product liability. You must show that the product was legally defective and caused an injury and what your damages are. Our lawyers can help you understand what you must prove and the legal standards that apply to your case.
There are several legal theories that may be appropriate when someone is hurt by a defective product.
A product liability claim may be based on:
- Strict liability
- Breach of warranty
- Other legal theories
Let us investigate your case and determine what legal standards must be met for you to receive compensation. See how we can help you prove your case.
How does product liability occur?
A product may become defective at any stage in production. A problem may occur during:
For example, a product may be poorly designed from the beginning. The design may be unreasonably dangerous, so all of a certain type of product is defective. On the other hand, a certain number of products may have unintentional faults in the manufacturing process. A problem can occur in any stage of designing, manufacturing, and bringing a product to market. For a victim who is harmed, they may have the right to financial compensation.
How long do you have to claim compensation for product liability?
In Florida, you have four years to bring a claim for product liability based on injury. If the case involves a fatality, that period is shortened to two years.
It’s always best to contact us as soon as possible. We want to preserve the evidence and start working towards your compensation today.
Compensation for Product Liability
What damages can I receive for product liability?
Damages that a victim may claim for product liability are:
- Medical bills, including emergency care and ongoing treatment
- Lost income
- Replacement value of real property
- Cost of construction repairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Disfigurement and permanent injury
- Punitive damages (rarely awarded)
Your injuries deserve fair compensation. Our lawyers have worked with victims on multi-million dollar litigation of national significance. We have seen the suffering that victims endure. Our goal is to see that justice is done and that these injuries are fairly compensated.
Experienced Representation for Product Liability Victims
How our product liability lawyers can help you
The Maderal Byrne & Furst product liability lawyers represent individuals and families. Here are some of our highlights and how we can assist you.
- Full-serve representation from the initial evaluation through any post-judgment proceedings
- Claims are handled throughout Florida from our home offices in Coral Gables
- Adults and children are victims of product liability – whatever your personal situation, we are here to represent you
- Aggressive settlement negotiation, but we are also experienced trial lawyers who enjoy taking cases to court
- We’re top rated in the Top 25 Product Liability Trial Lawyers and as a Top 100 firm by The National Trial Lawyers
- Consultations are always free, and we use contingency fees where available. See how our fees are affordable, transparent, and always in writing
- Expect us to get to know you and your situation personally so that we can provide outstanding representation
- We listen, explain, and protect your legal rights. Each case is customized to your unique needs
Our team has extensive experience in advocating for victims of defective products. We have provided leadership on a national scale for claims involving many plaintiffs. Our team understands the investigative and procedural aspects of these claims, and we are prepared to fully represent your interests.
The legal team of Maderal Byrne & Furst consists of former prosecutors. We have conducted dozens of trials and argued before appeals courts. The purpose of our law firm is to give victims access to quality legal services to enable them to receive justice.
A defective product injury may impact you significantly. It may even change your life. Our law firm handles your case with care, taking care of all the details for you to receive compensation.
Talk to a Product Liability Lawyer Now
We invite you to talk to our product liability lawyers about your claim. Come to our Coral Gables offices for a free consultation, or we can meet you in a place that is convenient for you. We also conduct virtual consultations.
We appreciate that it may be your first time talking to a lawyer. Reach out in any way you feel most comfortable with — by phone, email, online messaging, or in-person. We look forward to talking with you.