Do you have injuries after being hit by a car in Coral Gables? The pedestrian accident lawyers at Maderal Byrne & Furst PLLC represent victims and families in Coral Gables. Contact us for a free consultation and start your case today.
Experienced Lawyers Representing Pedestrian Accident Victims
Our experienced legal team is dedicated to representing pedestrian accident victims. When you’re hit by a car while not in a vehicle at the time of the crash, it can be hard to know where to look for compensation.
The same legal liability standards apply to a pedestrian accident that apply in other motor vehicle crashes. When serious injuries or a fatality occurs, the party who negligently causes the accident is liable to compensate the victim for their losses.
If you have questions about your pedestrian accident or are ready to work with our Coral Gables pedestrian accident lawyers, we invite you to contact us for your free consultation.
Causes of pedestrian accidents in Coral Gables
Motor vehicle drivers have an obligation to use reasonable care and caution on the roads. They know that pedestrians may be present. Common causes of pedestrian accidents are:
- Turning when pedestrians are crossing an intersection
- Failing to stop for a person on foot
- Running a red light or stop sign when there are pedestrians in the path
- Not stopping far enough back for a person in a crosswalk
- Leaving too little following distance for someone on the shoulder
- Swerving to avoid something in the road
- Driving at night, dawn or dusk, and not taking the lighting into account
- Mechanical problems like failing brakes
- Texting while driving, driving distracted
- Drunk driving, driving under the influence
- Other traffic violations
Understanding the cause of the accident is key to determining how to claim compensation. The traffic accident report is only a starting point for identifying causes and liable parties.
Serving Victims and Families in Coral Gables
When you need a pedestrian accident lawyer, Maderal Byrne & Furst can represent you through the entire process. Our team is made up of former federal prosecutors. We’ve been involved in multi-million dollar litigation on a national scale.
We believe that every individual and family hurt by the actions of others should have access to quality legal representation. From our offices in Coral Gables, we are proud to represent clients throughout Florida. Residents and visitors are welcome. We represent adults, children, and families when a pedestrian accident involves injuries or a fatality.
What are the most common injuries for pedestrians?
Common injuries for pedestrians hit by a car include:
- Brain damage, concussion, loss of consciousness
- Road rash
- Vision damage
- Broken bones
- Loss of primary bodily system function
- Internal organ damage
- Paralysis, injury to the spinal cord
- Damage to ligaments, tendons, and other soft tissues
- PTSD, anxiety, depression, and situational avoidance
Injuries may be both physical and mental. Even at low speeds, your injuries may be significant.
Our Coral Gables pedestrian accident lawyers, want you to receive compensation for your damages and losses. We work to identify and document physical and mental injuries as we build your case for compensation.
What compensation is available for a pedestrian accident victim?
Physical injuries may be a starting point for compensation, but they are only one type of loss that you have after a pedestrian accident.
Compensation that may be available includes:
- Emergency medical bills, ambulance transfer, and emergency room care
- Doctor’s visits, hospitalization, and nursing care
- Surgery and medical procedures
- Medical supplies and devices
- Physical therapy
- Future medical care needs
- Lost income, career, and benefits
- Mental health damages and treatment
- Physical pain, mental suffering, and emotional anguish
- Compensation for scars, burns, and disfigurement
- Changes in lifestyle and new physical limitations
- Wrongful death damages
Each victim deserves compensation based on their individual losses. When your injuries and suffering are great, you deserve significant compensation.
What laws apply to pedestrian accident lawsuits in Coral Gables?
If you’re a pedestrian in an accident in Coral Gables, here are the laws that apply to you:
- If you have serious or disfiguring injuries, or a wrongful death occurs, you may claim compensation against those responsible
- Compensation is based on negligence or other legal fault
- Someone at fault may be a vehicle driver or other party, like a company that they work for
- To receive compensation, you must identify the party at fault and prove that your injuries are the result of the accident
- Economic and non-economic damages are available
- If the insurance company offers too little, you may file a legal claim to bring the case to court
- You have the right to legal representation throughout the case
You have important rights when you’re a pedestrian accident victim. You must act to receive compensation. When the insurance companies and corporations have legal teams defending them, you can have our experienced legal team representing you. With experience as formal federal prosecutors, having conducted dozens of jury trials, we can put you on a level playing field with the defense. We are proud to seek justice for the people we serve.
Protecting Your Rights
Our team has more than 30 years of combined experience. During this time, we have achieved groundbreaking results for our clients. By advocating in court and skillfully negotiating behind the scenes, we personalize our representation to the needs of each individual client.
Taking New Cases
Pedestrian accident claims can be complex. Injuries are often serious. Our team builds the detailed evidence needed for your success. We’re currently taking new cases. We value the time spent talking with prospective clients. We invite you to see how we can help you.
Start your case with a free consultation with our Coral Gables pedestrian accident lawyers. There’s no obligation. A consultation is your opportunity to ask questions and learn about your legal claim. We provide honest advice about your rights and your options. Learn what your case may be worth and how our affordable fees can help you reach your goals. Our fee agreements are always in writing.
Start Now – Contact Us
Contact us now for a consultation and to start your case. We look forward to working with you.