When a slip and fall causes a serious injury, you need the help of a Coral Gables accident lawyer. Contact us today to discuss your case and learn more about our services.
Experienced Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers Serving Coral Gables
A slip and fall injury can seriously impact a victim’s life. The harm may be extremely serious. You may deserve financial compensation if the property owner was unreasonable in allowing the dangerous condition to exist on the property.
When you need answers, justice, and compensation, we invite you to contact a Coral Gables slip and fall accident lawyer at Maderal Byrne & Furst PLLC. We represent victims and families when a serious injury occurs from a slip and fall.
See what your case may be worth and learn about the compensation process. Reach out today for a no-obligation consultation.
Experienced Legal Representation for Victims
Having experienced legal representation can simplify the claims process. Plus, you have an objective professional pursuing your case. Here are some ways that a Coral Gables slip and fall accident lawyer can help you:
- Determine the applicable law for your claim
- Investigate the underlying causes of the slip and fall, including the condition of the surface, debris, cleaning and maintenance, and other factors that may have played a role in the slip and fall
- Understand who was the owner or person in control of the property when the slip and fall occurred
- Find what insurance policies may apply, taking the steps to report your claim, and negotiate your settlement
- Explain what damages are available, including non-economic losses like pain and suffering (Many people ask for too little – don’t let that happen to you!)
- Take care of the technical details of filing the case and using the legal process to build the claim
- Present the case at trial, handle appeals and protect your legal rights
It’s our goal for each victim to receive fair compensation when their lives are impacted by a slip and fall accident. When our Coral Gables slip and fall lawyers represent you, we take care of talking to the insurance company and all other steps involved. We represent you professionally inside and outside the court of law.
Contact us now to talk about your case, ask questions, and begin working towards compensation.
Who is liable for a slip and fall accident?
The party liable for a slip and fall accident is the person, business, or organization that had control of the property at the time the injury occurred.
There are many places where slip and fall accidents occur, including:
- Grocery stores
- Gas stations
- Retail establishments
- Concert venues
- Sports arenas
- Office parks
- Shopping malls
- Apartment buildings
- Healthcare facilities
- Parking lots and garages
- Construction and job sites
All property owners have a duty to keep their property in good condition. When a customer is invited to a business or the person is a social guest, the duty is especially high.
Understanding Slip and Fall Claims in Florida
What is a slip and fall?
A slip and fall is a personal injury based on slipping, tripping, or falling on someone else’s property.
Can you sue for slip and fall?
You can sue for slip and fall if the injury occurred because of an unreasonably dangerous condition on the property. The exact legal standard depends on the status of the person as an invitee, licensee, or trespasser and the circumstances surrounding the dangerous condition.
How much can you get for a slip and fall in Florida?
The amount that you may receive for a slip and fall depends on your personal losses. Each case is individually determined. Types of compensation that you may receive are:
- Emergency medical bills, ambulance transfer, and hospitalization
- Diagnostic care, surgery, prescription medication, doctor evaluation
- Physical therapy and mental health care
- Devices to assist in mobility, like wheelchairs and scooters
- Property damage
- Lost income, lost earning potential, including the value of benefits
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Disfigurement, loss of lifestyle, compensation for permanent injury
- Wrongful death damages, including funeral and last expenses
The amount that you receive depends on your personal losses. Receiving the compensation that you deserve means knowing what compensation you can ask for, valuing it, and taking the proper steps to claim it.
How do you get a settlement for a slip and fall?
To get a settlement for a slip and fall, you must claim it. That may mean negotiating with an insurance company, or it may mean filing a legal claim. You must prove all the elements necessary to receive compensation, including that the dangerous condition was the cause of the losses and harms.
Our lawyers can help you claim compensation in an effective way. We know how to investigate, start a case, and pursue it through the legal process. Ask for your free consultation to learn more about how we can help.
Helping Victims and Families in Coral Gables
The offices of Maderal Byrne & Furst are located in Coral Gables. We represent clients in the surrounding areas and throughout Florida.
Some of the reasons people choose us are:
- Our team consists of former federal prosecutors. We are experienced in litigating claims effectively both inside and outside the courtroom.
- Through the years, we have conducted dozens of trials and argued before appeals courts. With this experience, we have the insight to handle complex claims and anticipate the issues that matter most to you.
- We are not just lawyers – we are leaders in legal advocacy. Our team members have been appointed to leadership positions in high-profile, national claims involving many plaintiffs.
- We have successfully litigated million and multi-million dollar cases. Of course, we can’t guarantee results in your case, but we can promise to use our training and experience to protect your legal rights.
- Each case is customized and personalized. We diligently interview witnesses, investigate circumstances, and build the case. Our goal is to understand you and your case so we can provide the best service.
- Awards and honors reflect our commitment to our valued clients. See why we’ve been named Top 100 by The National Trial Lawyers and Top 40 Under 40.
Contact Our Lawyers for a Free Consultation
As Coral Gables slip and fall accident lawyers, we value the time we spend talking to prospective clients. Consultations are free, and there’s no obligation.
We are truly sorry if you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident. We want to help you get compensated. Get answers from our team. You can start today. Just reach out however you are comfortable — phone, email, message, or in person — and talk to our team.