When you have a life-changing injury, you need a Coral Gables catastrophic injury lawyer. Maderal Byrne & Furst PLLC is a leader in advocating for severely injured victims. Contact us today for a consultation about your case.
Legal Representation for Victims and Families
A catastrophic injury can cause physical, emotional, and financial hardship. It can impact the entire family.
You may be entitled to compensation. Our Coral Gables catastrophic injury lawyers represent victims and families in Coral Gables and the surrounding areas. Call us, message us online, or come to our offices to discuss your case today. We can also visit you at home or in the hospital.
Understanding Catastrophic Injuries
A catastrophic injury is an injury that significantly harms a victim long-term. It must be significant in its severity and be permanent or long-lasting.
What makes an injury catastrophic?
An injury is catastrophic because of its effect on the victim. There are many different types of catastrophic injury. What they have in common is that they significantly change the victim’s life for a long period of time or forever.
Different Types of Catastrophic Injury
Some types of catastrophic injury are:
- Brain injury, skull fracture
- Paralysis, spinal cord damage, loss of feeling
- Amputation, loss of limb function
- Loss of bodily function or system
- Hearing damage
- Birth injury
- Nerve damage
- Crushed organs
- Cancer, chronic illness, or disease
- Disfigurement from broken bones and other causes
Causes of Catastrophic Injury
Just like there are many different types of catastrophic injury, there are many underlying causes. Here are some of the accidents and incidents that may result in catastrophic injury:
- Car, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, and bicycle accidents
- Assault and battery, gunshot wounds, intentional harm
- Sports injuries and accidents
- Workplace injuries, construction, and industrial accidents
- Boating and jet ski crashes
- Trampoline and amusement park incidents
- Electrical incidents, fires, and explosions
- Product liability, malfunctioning products
- Medical malpractice
- Animal attacks
- Falls and falling objects
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
When these accidents are the fault of another person or company, the victim may receive financial compensation.
What damages are available for a catastrophic injury?
Damages available for catastrophic injury include:
- Emergency medical bills, medical care to stabilize the victim
- Future medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Cost of nursing and home care
- Loss of income and benefits, damage to career
- Mobility devices
- Replacement household services, if needed, like childcare
- Pain and suffering
- Mental health treatment and suffering, emotional anguish
- Disfigurement and loss of lifestyle
By its nature, a catastrophic injury causes long-term harm. It’s critical to account for long-term damages in your claim for compensation. You have only one chance to bring a personal injury claim. Once the case is final, there’s no way to ask for more. Therefore, understanding future medical expenses is critical to a catastrophic injury claim. The claim will likely rely on experts that can speak to the medical prognosis of the person going forward and their related expenses.
Catastrophic Injury Lawsuits in Florida
Even if you have serious injuries, you have only a limited amount of time to pursue legal compensation. You need the help of an experienced professional to seek damages for a catastrophic injury.
The team at Maderal Byrne & Furst has more than 30 years of combined experience. We’re former federal prosecutors. We’ve handled complex claims representing victims who are hurt by the actions of others. If you are injured by an individual, business, government agency, or other entity, we want to help you get justice.
At your consultation, we’ll discuss what’s involved in a catastrophic injury lawsuit and how it can help you. We can navigate all aspects of the legal claim, working for the settlement or judgment you deserve. Our team can fight the other side’s attempts to deny responsibility and even blame you for what happened. It’s our goal for you to receive the maximum amount of compensation and waste no time protecting your rights.
Contact us today for a consultation to talk about your case.
How can a lawyer help with a catastrophic injury claim?
It’s essential to have a lawyer in a catastrophic injury claim because your damages are significant. You can expect the other side to do everything they can to avoid responsibility. When you have an experienced lawyer on your side, you have a professional ready to counter these measures and protect your rights.
Our lawyers can assist you with:
- Starting your legal claim while you are recovering from injuries
- Preserving the evidence
- Guiding you to the medical evaluations to document current and future injuries
- Working with experts who can speak to the evidence
- Building evidence and gathering information when witnesses are reluctant to cooperate
- Analyzing the legal questions to determine who has liability and the legal theories that may be used to pursue the case
- Determining what the case is likely worth and how long-term expenses and suffering should be fairly accounted for
- Giving you legal advice at each stage and representing your interests
There are many tasks that are important for getting justice when you have a catastrophic injury. Your lawyer helps you both inside and outside the courtroom.
When a catastrophic injury changes your life, getting the compensation you deserve protects you in the future and gives you justice. When your case is so important to you, it’s also important to us. We invite you to work with the Coral Gables catastrophic injury lawyers that have handled multi-million dollar claims with many plaintiffs.
Free Consultations – Get Started Now!
We offer free consultations for victims and families. Talk to a Coral Gables catastrophic injury lawyer for a free and confidential evaluation of your case.
When a catastrophic injury changes your life in a moment, you deserve legal representation that takes your case seriously. Begin with a no-cost evaluation and get answers to your questions.
Maderal Byrne & Furst is here to represent your interests with professional legal services for catastrophic injury victims. Contact us now to begin.