Our team of cruise ship accident lawyers in Florida can assist you if you have been hurt on a cruise. Call our Florida personal injury lawyers at Maderal Byrne & Furst PLLC, for a consultation about your situation.
Lawyers Representing Cruise Ship Accident Victims
Have you been injured on a cruise? A lawyer can assist you in claiming compensation. At Maderal Byrne & Furst, we represent cruise ship accident victims and their families.
Help for injured crew members
If you are a cruise ship crew member and you are injured, we may be able to assist you.
We are an experienced team of litigators. With more than 45 years of combined experience, we are seasoned trial lawyers. Let our team provide you the high-quality compensation that gets results. Contact us today to talk about your case and begin.
Legal Help for Cruise Ship Injuries
- Maderal Byrne & Furst is a team of cruise ship accident lawyers in Florida. We represent victims and families to claim financial compensation for cruise ship injuries.
- Our representation begins with investigating what occurred. We demand information when the cruise company and witnesses are reluctant.
- We review the ticket and contracting agreement to ensure that the claim is filed in the right location and legal procedures are carefully followed. We capably handle the legal process, understanding the unique issues that may be present in a cruise ship claim.
- Complete representation is available for cruise ship victims. Let our team handle your entire case through all steps of receiving compensation.
The time limits for claiming cruise ship compensation are often short. Do not wait to talk to our lawyers about bringing a claim. We can start your case immediately.
Can I sue a cruise company?
If you are harmed because of the negligence or wrongdoing of the cruise ship company, you may claim compensation. A lawsuit is the formal legal process to claim compensation.
What is the legal basis for cruise ship accident compensation?
When you take a cruise, you are a customer of the cruise line. As a business, the cruise line has a high duty to provide a safe experience for travelers. If they are negligent and they allow an unsafe condition to exist, it may cause injury to a passenger. The breach of duty and injury forms the basis for cruise ship accident compensation.
What compensation can I receive for a cruise ship lawsuit?
Compensation for a cruise ship lawsuit may include losses relating to medical treatment, lost wages and income, pain and suffering, mental anguish, lost lifestyle, and other damages.
Getting the compensation that you deserve is important. Our lawyers understand the types of damages available for cruise ship victims, and we are sure to include them comprehensively in your claim.
Understanding Cruise Ship Injuries and Compensation
How do cruise ship injuries occur?
Some common ways cruise ship injuries occur are:
- Slipping on wet surfaces and spills
- Trips because of broken hand railings and uneven carpet
- Overcrowding, jostling of persons
- Elevator and escalator malfunctions
- Fire and electrical problems
- Poor sanitation and hygiene
- Sexual assault, assault, and battery
- Food poisoning
- Falls while embarking, disembarking, or using a tender boat
- Traffic accidents while on shore
- Excursion and adventure accidents
- Swimming pool accidents and drowning
Millions of Americans take a cruise each year. Many of these trips start in Florida or visit the state. Anyone who embarks on a cruise expects to have a safe and memorable vacation. However, for a significant number of passengers, they suffer serious injuries. Too often, these injuries and harms were avoidable.
Where do cruise ship injuries occur?
According to Int Marit Health, most cruise ship injuries occur on board (65.3%). An additional 31.1% of accidents occur on shore, while 3.6% of injuries occur while taking a tender to port.
The most common accident locations on the ship are cabins (20.1%) and bathrooms (13.4%). Ashore, streets (29.5%), and buses (16.1%) are the most common locations for injury to cruise ship travelers.
Some victims are hospitalized locally. Others may be treated and return to the ship. They may also receive medical care aboard the ship. Victims may return from their trip facing challenges and a long road to recovery.
Some cruise ship companies that operate or have offices in Florida may include:
- Royal Caribbean
- Island Queen
- Holland America
- and others
There are many cruise ships headquartered in Florida. Even more, companies have ports in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Jacksonville, Tampa, and other locations.
Experienced Lawyers – Why People Choose Our Law Firm
Here are some reasons that people choose our team for their legal representation:
- We handle cases in Florida and involving Florida cruise ships. Even if you do not live in the state, you may need to file the case here because of the terms of your cruising ticket, which is a contract. We are proud to represent people who live in our state, visitors, and anyone who may have a case here.
- In our years of practicing law, we have gained extensive experience in trial law. We have taken the lead in large-scale, multi-plaintiff litigation. This experience gives us the background necessary to handle unique issues that may be present in your claim. At our core, we are trial lawyers. You can count on us to pursue your case in full.
- Constant communication is important to us. You can expect us to always keep you up to date. Working with you and communicating allows you to make informed decisions and have confidence in the process.
- It is our goal to achieve justice for you. That means going above and beyond. We get to know you, thoroughly investigate and pursue your case. We work through discovery, negotiations, and presenting your case at trial or hearing.
Why have a lawyer if you’re hurt on a cruise ship?
If you have been hurt on a cruise ship, you probably have important questions: Can I receive compensation? What law applies on a cruise ship? Who enforces it? The cruise company is not going to volunteer the answers to these questions. You must take the steps to claim the compensation that you deserve.
The compensation process can be daunting. A single cruise may visit many countries and cities. You may have booked your ticket in a different state entirely. You may wonder how all of this pieces together when an accident victim deserves compensation. You must prove your claim and know where to file it, how to start,, and what laws apply.
As experienced lawyers, we handle all these tasks on your behalf. We know that cruise ship claims can be complicated, but they are extremely important to injured victims. With years of experience handling claims that are legally and factually complex, we undertake these tasks with the goal of getting real results for you.
Talk to a Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer in Florida Today
Contact the Maderal Byrne & Furst team today for your consultation. Learn how we can help and what is involved in bringing a case. Explore your options and start today.
Call or message us now to begin.