Our Florida slip and fall lawyers can represent you in claiming compensation if your loved one has lost their life because of an accident. Contact us now for a free consultation.
Lawyers for Fatal Slip and Fall Claims in Florida
It may seem like a slip and fall is just an accident, but many slip and falls are preventable. Property owners have a legal duty of care. When they allow a dangerous condition to occur on their property, they may be legally responsible when a death occurs.
Our lawyers handle slip and fall claims resulting in death. These cases are especially complex. Legal liability must be proven, and damages cover a wide range of losses.
We protect the rights of the individuals and families that we represent. To see how we can represent you, contact us today for a consultation.
What is a slip and fall wrongful death claim?
A slip and fall wrongful death claim is a legal case for financial compensation when someone dies because of a dangerous condition on the property. The term slip and fall can cover a number of different types of accidents, including tripping on an object in the path or falling on an uneven surface. The purpose of the case is to determine legal liability and responsibility to pay compensation to victims.
Locations where a fatal slip and fall may occur
Many different types of property may be unsafe for various reasons. Here are some locations where a deadly slip and fall accident may occur:
- Grocery stores
- Convenience stores and gas stations
- Retail stores
- Big box stores, electronics stores
- Restaurants and bars
- Government and civic buildings
- Professional office buildings
- Apartment complexes
- Amusement parks
- Private residences
- Parking lots
- Hospitals and nursing homes
The legal standard for determining the right to compensation depends in part on the status of the person at the time as an invitee, licensee, or trespasser. Our lawyers can evaluate the legal standards that may apply to your case.
Steps of a Slip and Fall Case
Winning a judgment or settlement in a slip and fall case is the result of diligent case preparation and strategy. Here are the steps that may be pursued in a claim for compensation:
- Investigating legal fault: It may not be immediately obvious who has legal fault. Evidence must be gathered, and witnesses must be interviewed. We know how to gather this evidence, always keeping in mind what must be proven to receive compensation.
- Determination of legal liability: A legal claim is brought against the defendant or defendants who were responsible for the dangerous condition.
- Identifying damages: Our lawyers know what types of damages you may receive and how to value each type of loss. Mental anguish and loss of companionship should be recognized.
- Filing your legal claim: There are deadlines for filing a slip and fall wrongful death claim. We prepare your legal documents and file them with the court.
- Preliminary court proceedings: As we continue through preliminary legal procedures, we build the evidence in your favor and answer all your questions about the legal process.
- Negotiating your settlement: Your case may reach a settlement, which is a resolution by agreement. It’s important that you have honest advice about settlement offers from our lawyers.
- Going to trial: You have the right to a jury trial. We’re experienced trial lawyers, and we have handled dozens of trials. We’re prepared to present your case. Our team is also experienced in handling appeals.
- Collecting your judgment: Ultimately, you need to collect your compensation. We look at insurance policies and other ways to satisfy your judgment.
Each case is pursued individually. The exact case process depends on many factors.
Many slip and fall claims are settled through business and homeowner insurance policies. Even if the property owner is someone you know, we invite you to contact us to discuss the case. We will explore all possibilities to receive fair compensation for a slip and fall.
About Our Experienced Slip and Fall Wrongful Death Lawyers
Maderal Byrne & Furst PLLC believes that you deserve excellent legal representation. We’re a team of former federal prosecutors who dedicate our legal practice to helping individuals and families. Business and insurance companies have large teams of lawyers working for them. You deserve a legal team with a history of success capable of handling claims of any complexity.
We accept slip and fall wrongful death cases throughout Florida. Having the legal representation you deserve can give you peace of mind as we fight for justice together.
Free Consultations – Taking New Cases
We are taking new cases representing family members of those who have lost their lives in a slip and fall. Consultations are free, and we want to answer your questions. See what your options are and how we can assist you.
Contact us now by phone, email, message, or in person. Ask us for your free consultation, and start your case today. We look forward to meeting you.