Have you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident? We are Florida motorcycle accident lawyers. Our professional legal team can represent you. Contact our injury attorneys in Florida now for a consultation about your situation.
Legal help for families of motorcycle accident victims
The sudden loss of a loved one is unimaginable. While you are grieving, you are looking for answers. You may have relied on your family member for financial support. You deserve justice.
When you need a motorcycle accident lawyer, Maderal Byrne & Furst PLLC is here to help. We represent survivors and families in legal claims for compensation following motorcycle deaths in Florida. Call or message us to talk to our team and learn how we can represent your legal interests.
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Representing Victims and Families
When you choose Maderal Byrne & Furst, you are working with a team with a track record of success. We will go above and beyond to seek justice for you.
- With a history of success on a national level, we are recognized leaders in injury claims
- Highly experienced lawyers – we have represented hundreds of clients around the world
- Understanding the important issues when an accident involves a fatality
- Many trials conducted, so we are ready to take your case to trial, if needed
- Free consultations
- Contingency fees used whenever possible
- Members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-million Dollar Advocates Forum
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and Top 40 Under 40
If you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you’re up against powerful insurance companies. You deserve legal representation that is the same caliber that the defendants have. At Maderal Byrne & Furst, we are former federal prosecutors. We have obtained groundbreaking results. Our motorcycle accident lawyers will put the same effort into serving you.
Seeking Compensation and Settlements
When we represent you, we seek compensation through judgments and settlements. We investigate all possibilities to collect compensation on your behalf. Then, we pursue the correct path for you, whether it is taking your case to trial or negotiating a settlement.
Throughout the case, we appreciate your input as we get to know you and customize your case plan. It is our goal to personalize our representation to your situation.
About Fatal Motorcycle Accidents in Florida
- Florida ranks second in the United States for motorcycle registrations
- There were 600 motorcycle deaths in Florida in 2020
- The 600 motorcycle deaths represent 18% of the 3,331 total traffic deaths in the state in 2020
- Alcohol is a factor in 32% of motorcycle deaths
- In 35 fatalities annually, the victim was the passenger on a motorcycle
(Source: WTSP, Florida Ranks No. 4)
Family members of victims may qualify to receive compensation. Our law firm can assist you through the entire process, representing your interests.
Legal Claims for Motorcycle Wrongful Death
If a loved one loses their life because of a motorcycle accident, you may receive compensation from the responsible party. When another party is at fault for the accident, they may be responsible for paying compensation.
What are the grounds for legal liability in a motorcycle accident?
Legal liability for a motorcycle accident may be based on any of the following:
- Turning in front of the motorcyclist
- Cutting off a motorcyclist, lane change violations
- Not allowing the motorcyclist full use of the lane
- Leaving too little space between vehicles
- Failing to account for road conditions or traffic, including the possibility of motorcyclists
- Opening a door to prevent a motorcycle from moving
- Drunk driving, drugged driving
- Texting while driving, distracted driving, driving while tired or fatigued
- Speeding, too fast for conditions
- Mechanical failures, inadequate vehicle maintenance
After an accident, you may not have all the answers about why it occurred and who has legal fault. We investigate the situation and how you may receive compensation.
What kind of legal claim is a fatal motorcycle accident?
The victim’s family brings the claim, seeking monetary compensation for financial and emotional losses.
Most motorcycle wrongful death claims are not based on intentional conduct. A traffic error is enough to create legal liability based on negligence. We can investigate and build your case even if the other party doesn’t admit fault. It is our goal to pursue all avenues for compensation.
Who may have a claim for motorcycle wrongful death in Florida?
Under Florida Revised Statutes § 768.21, the following family members may have a claim for motorcycle wrongful death in Florida:
- Minor child (up to 25 years)
- Adult child, if no spouse
- Parent of a minor child
- Parent of adult children, if no others qualify
All family members must be identified in the complaint. Each survivor recovers the value of lost support and services in relation to their deceased loved one.
What damages can I recover?
Damages that may be claimed in a motorcycle accident death claim include:
- Funeral costs
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional and mental suffering
- Value of lost support and services
The value of lost support and services may be calculated from injury to death as well as in the future. Life expectancy and period of minority may be considered.
How can a lawyer help me?
To truly receive justice after the loss of a loved one in a motorcycle accident, there are many things that need to happen. You must determine what party or parties have legal liability. You must identify and prove the grounds for legal fault. It can be hard to know what you qualify to claim.
Having a lawyer means having a trained professional take care of everything. We create a custom legal strategy using our training and experience.
Free Consultations – Talk to a Lawyer Today
Maderal Byrne & Furst is a team of motorcycle accident lawyers serving families in Florida. We value the time spent talking with prospective clients. We invite you to contact us. See how we might assist you, and get answers to specific questions about your case.
Call or send us a message. We look forward to speaking with you.