You may receive compensation for a rideshare accident. Our Coral Gables Uber & Lyft accident lawyers can guide you through your case and pursue the monetary payment you deserve. Contact us today.
Legal Help for an Uber or Lyft Accident
Rideshare companies operate in Coral Gables, Florida. Whether you rely on Uber or Lyft for a ride to work, to run errands, visit friends and family, or for recreation, thousands of people use rideshare services in the state each day. You expect your driver to be qualified and pay attention to their driving.
Unfortunately, when a crash occurs, you may be left with severe injuries. It can be hard to know what to do next. Get emergency medical care, and then call the Maderal Byrne & Furst PLLC Uber & Lyft accident lawyers in Coral Gables. We can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Experienced Legal Representation for Rideshare Injuries
Why choose our law firm for your rideshare accident claim?
- More than 30 years of combined legal experience handling injury claims, including high-profile claims of national significance
- We’ve worked as former federal prosecutors, so we’re comfortable working on detailed, complex claims
- From our Coral Gables offices, we’re committed to serving our community. We can handle your case throughout the State of Florida
- Rideshare claims require attention to detail. We understand the important aspects, including investigating, reviewing insurance availability, making reports, and proving damages. Our team can handle all aspects of the case
- Our law firm focuses on representing individuals and families. Whether Coral Gables is your home or you were hurt while traveling, we want to help you with your rideshare claim
Representing Uber & Lyft Accident Victims in Coral Gables
If you are a:
- Rideshare driver
- Passenger in the vehicle
- Driver of another vehicle
- Passenger in another vehicle
- Adult or minor child
- Resident or visitor to Coral Gables
We can help you following an Uber or Lyft accident.
Compensation for Uber & Lyft Injuries
Types of compensation
Compensation may cover a range of losses and harm. You may include the following types of damages in your claim:
- Emergency medical bills
- Costs for treatment, surgery, prescriptions, physical therapy, and other care
- Diminished earning capacity and lost income, including benefits of employment
- Mental health injuries and care
- Property damage, including damage to your vehicle if it is involved in the crash
- Pain and suffering, emotional anguish
- Disfigurement and disability
An important part of our representation is understanding the available damages and knowing what to claim for them.
I was a passenger in an Uber or Lyft accident – What should I do?
If you’re in an Uber or Lyft accident, do the following:
- Be sure that the accident is reported to law enforcement. Don’t hesitate to call 911. The drivers should call, but you should make sure the accident is reported so that law enforcement can document it
- Seek medical care. The foundation of your claim is your injuries. Having immediate medical care shows that your injuries are from the accident
- Get information from everyone involved. You need information for all the drivers involved, including license, insurance, and rideshare identification
- Tell the rideshare company about the accident. You can report through the app or online. Don’t give too many details. Only provide the basic facts like when and where the crash occurred and that you have injuries. We can help you follow up with details.
- Contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Talk to us about your case. At your personalized consultation, we’ll give you steps that you can take and answer any questions you have about what comes next.
- Continue with your medical treatment. It’s important to do all you can to follow your healthcare treatment plan and heal.
How can I get compensation for an Uber or Lyft accident?
Getting compensation for an Uber or Lyft accident can be more complex than other motor vehicle accidents. Uber & Lyft drivers have liability insurance through their companies. The amount available depends on the status of the driver at the time of the crash. In addition, if the other driver is to blame, their liability insurance may also pay compensation.
The insurance provided by the rideshare company depends on the status of the driver when the crash occurs.
- The app is turned off. The driver is not looking for a rider. – Rideshare insurance doesn’t apply. The case is treated like other car accident claims not involving a rideshare vehicle.
- A driver is looking for a rider, but there is no active ride. – Limited rideshare insurance applies. $50,000 available in bodily injury per person, $100,000 total per accident, and $25,000 in property damages.
- A ride request has been made and accepted. The driver is on their way to pick up the passenger. – Damages may be covered up to $1 million if the driver is at fault and uninsured/underinsured coverage is available.
- During an active ride. – Full insurance coverage applies up to $1 million per accident, including coverage for uninsured or underinsured motorists.
Within these policy limits, a victim may claim their losses and damages. With economic and non-economic damages available, too many victims underestimate what their case is worth. In addition to this insurance coverage, other parties at fault for the accident may be responsible for paying damages.
Uber and Lyft Settlements and Awards
A rideshare accident claim may be settled in several ways. We may pursue compensation directly through the rideshare company or an insurance policy. Our team can also pursue a settlement or award through a formal legal proceeding, which may include arbitration. Each case receives a personalized strategy.
Free Consultations – Start Your Case Today
Discuss your case with an experienced Coral Gables Uber & Lyft accident lawyer. Begin your case today with a free consultation. We’re taking new cases, and our team wants to help you. Call, message, email, or visit our offices today.