Talk to an Uber/Lyft sexual assault lawyer at Maderal Byrne & Furst PLLC. We are experienced injury attorneys in Coral Gables, FL who pursue justice and financial compensation for victims of sexual assault in a rideshare vehicle. Call or message us today.
Legal Representation for Uber and Lyft Sexual Assault Victims in Coral Gables
When you hail an Uber or Lyft, or use their delivery services, you never expect to become the victim of a sexual assault. If you have been victimized, you need legal help.
The offender and the rideshare company may owe you a monetary payment for damages. Criminal charges may be filed. Whether or not the offender faces charges, you may also have a claim for financial compensation.
Our team of Uber/Lyft sexual assault lawyers represent victims through the financial claims process. We want you to receive justice. Contact us today for your confidential consultation.
Compensation for Rideshare Sexual Assaults
If you are a rideshare sexual assault victim, you may claim compensation for the following:
- Medical bills
- Treatment for mental health, like counseling and psychological care
- Lost income if you are unable to work
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Other losses
Being the victim of a sexual assault is a physical and mental harm. Your life has likely been impacted in many ways. Financial losses include the cost of treatment for physical and emotional injuries. Pain and suffering, and emotional anguish are high. Our lawyers understand how to value these losses to truly pursue justice for you.
Rideshare sexual assaults – the problem
Five million drivers completed 6.3 billion Uber trips in 2021. This activity generated $17.4 billion in revenue. 118 million people use their ride hailing or food delivery service at least once a month. (Business of Apps, Uber Statistics).
Sadly, sexual assaults continue to be a problem. 3,824 people reported sexual assault relating to the rideshare company in a two-year period. (NY Times, Uber Safety Report). Safety data does not include reports relating to the food delivery service Uber Eats.
Legal liability for Uber/Lyft – they may be held responsible
Despite rideshare companies attempting to deflect liability for sexual assaults, the courts have not been so forgiving. For example, a court refused to dismiss a case through summary disposition where the plaintiff was attacked by an Uber driver with a knife. There are numerous legal theories that may be grounds for a claim, including negligent hiring, training and supervision, vicarious liability through an employment theory, and consumer protection laws that prohibit false and misleading advertising. (Search v. Uber Technologies).
Why Choose Maderal Byrne & Furst?
Maderal Byrne & Furst provides leadership in litigation. Our lawyers have experience advocating for new and developing legal issues. We have been appointed to leadership roles in litigation of national significance.
Here are some reasons people choose us:
- Confidential consultations with our professional team. We value the time spent talking with prospective clients.
- Answers to your questions. As lawyers, we want you to have information and answers. We thoroughly explain the process and what to expect in your case.
- Experience. As formal federal prosecutors, we have been involved in complex cases involving millions of dollars. We are trial lawyers and ready to pursue your claim in full.
- Advocacy. We enjoy pursuing new and complex legal issues, and we look at every possibility to advocate for our clients.
- Honors and awards. We are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The National Trial Lawyers named us to their Top 100 and Top 40 Under 40 lists.
- Above and beyond. That is our commitment to each client that we serve. We will personalize a case plan for your needs and pursue it relentlessly.
Uber and Lyft claims are legally complex. Our lawyers are ready for this challenge. Our team has handled multi-million dollar cases and served hundreds of clients. We are prepared to put this experience to work for you.
How Do You Get Compensation for an Uber/Lyft Sexual Assault?
To get compensation for an Uber or Lyft sexual assault, you must initiate a legal claim. That means proving what has happened to you and the liability of the offender and rideshare company. You must follow the proper steps to start the claim.
Our lawyers can take care of everything, including:
- The basis for liability of the rideshare company
- Jurisdiction for filing the complaint, drafting documents
- Appropriate amount of damages
- Responding to defenses the rideshare company is likely to raise
- Efficiency and minimizing the burden of the legal process
- The case plan that is right for you, including pursuing judgments by settlement and trial
- Unique questions and issues in your case that can help us maximize your results
We provide complete legal representation for Uber and Lyft sexual assault victims. It is our goal to be a full-service law firm that you can rely on in the aftermath of being victimized.
We value advocating for victims. We invite you to contact us to see how we can help you.
What is the type of legal case for rideshare sexual assault?
Any sexual assault is a crime. It is an actual, attempted, or threatened sexual act without the other person’s consent. In addition to a criminal matter, a rideshare sexual assault is a civil claim for compensation. A person took deliberate steps that harmed another person. The victim may bring a claim in their own right to seek financial compensation and justice for what has occurred.
You don’t have to wait for criminal charges to bring a claim. In fact, there are good reasons that you shouldn’t rely on criminal charges alone. A civil claim focuses primarily on your compensation. It has a lower standard of proof. You have control and the ability to make decisions throughout the case. These differences can truly give you justice when you are the victim of something so horrific.
Free, Confidential Consultations
Start with a free and confidential consultation with a Coral Gables Uber/Lyft sexual assault lawyer at Maderal Byrne & Furst. There is no cost or obligation at your consultation.
Virtual consultations are available. We can help you anywhere in Florida, no matter where you are located.
Talk to a Lawyer Now
We invite you to reach out to us. Contact us today to talk about what has happened and the possibility of compensation. Call or message us now.